Struggling to cope with symptoms - Young Adult's Issues - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Struggling to cope with symptoms

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jlouise20

jlouise20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:12 PM

Advertisement

Hello,

I am completely new here so I hope I am posting in the correct section. 

I am 28 and was diagnosed with IBS when I was 25. My sister and my mother both have IBS and endometriosis. When I was diagnosed I was going through a lot of stress so thought my symptoms were more likely due to this. I took buscopan as prescribed. I was getting abdominal pain and loose stools pretty much daily and continuing into the night a few times a week. On occasion I would also vomit. This continued for around 4 months and then things settled down but were not 'normal' .Prior to this I had a 'bad stomach' more than most but again put this down to being quiet an anxious person. 

When I was 27 I went through another period of around 4/5 months of loose stools, cramps that would leave me in bed for over 24 hours. I was struggling to eat and sleep with constantly needing the toilet. I didn't see the GP and my symptoms settled again  although I was starting to bloat a lot more and this just continued to get worse.

For the past 4/5 months my symptoms have got worse again. I am bloating pretty much every time I eat and only really stop bloating when I had several loose bowel movements, the cramps are there at some level pretty much all the time getting a lot worse after eating and  I have back pain, pelvic pain and I am feeling anxious and worn down. 

I have seen my GP who sent me for an ultrasound abdo and pelvis which all came back clear, She diagnosed Reflux disease as well as IBS flare up. I paid for an intolerance test which shows intolerance to wheat,onions,tuna,pork,olives,pepper,chicken and egg yolk. All of which I cut out and it has made no difference. 

I am currently lay on the bed after another awful evening of abdominal pains which have left me nauseous, sweating and anxious. I feel so out of control and my GP is making me feel like I just need to get on with it. 

There is so many 'wonder tablets' online claiming to cure symptoms and I just do not know where to start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks so much,

Jenny 

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here