Begging for help - please - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Begging for help - please

Stress Pain Nausea Constipation Diarrhea Anxiety Hospice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DottyG

DottyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 09:52 AM

Advertisement
Im going through a very stressful thing right now. My Dad is on hospice. Im living with my parents right now, so I can help out during this time.

The last few days, Ive have really had intestinal pain, nausea, alternating constipation/diarrhea, and other physical issues. I thought it was a stomach bug, but I havent been anywhere to pick one up. Food poisoning - but weve all eaten the same food, and theyre ok. Its my IBS.

I cant go to the doctor - both because of Covid and because Im not in the city where my doctor is. Ive called and left a message for him to see if he can call something in, but I dont know that he can.

I dont feel like eating. I feel like throwing up. Ive done the rice, crackers, Sprite, ginger, etc. Nothings working, because its not fixing the issue - the stress.

The stress and anxiety isnt going to go away. I need the IBS to. I cant be sick and help my parents right now.

Help. What can I do?

😕

#2 Shorty808

Shorty808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 August 2020 - 10:12 AM

Are you on any nausea medication? Ginger tea can help for the nausea if its watered down a little so the taste and strength of it doesnt make you more nauseas. When I cant eat it helps to drink some smoothies and/or try Clear Ensure. Not being able to get nutrients makes the nausea worse. Pedialyte can help too to keep you hydrated or water with electrolytes. Do you have a way to destress daily? It helps to have an hour or so to yourself and do something that lowers your stress levels and also do something you love to do every day. I exercise, do relaxation baths to calming music and candlelight, yoga and try to meditate every day. It can also help to distract yourself a bit to wind down at night like watching a movie or reading a book. Let me know if youve tried these things already or if it helps at all. Good luck!

#3 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:45 PM

@ Dotty G- So sorry you are going through this .Please see if this helps you.

This is a extremely simple/basic  20 min yoga for IBS which seems to have helped a lot of folks, do have a look if you haven't already and let us know if you experience any relief.(Note : Skip the rocking exercise in this video , that is the only one I wouldn't recommend for beginners.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stress, Pain, Nausea, Constipation, Diarrhea, Anxiety, Hospice

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here