Has anybody had any luck with GABA supplements for IBS-D - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Has anybody had any luck with GABA supplements for IBS-D

GABA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 August 2020 - 05:16 AM

Advertisement

If anybody has has tried GABA supplements , please let me know your experience , good or bad. Please do mention side effects if any. Thanks

#2 mellosphere

mellosphere

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:24 PM

I tried those and it made my mind feel like it was going in circles. Like super fast and sleep was worse. Just my experience.
  • Kenny likes this

#3 PD85

PD85

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:13 PM

GABA made me have mild breathing problems. Hard to explain. It was like my body didn't want to breathe when I was on it, and felt short of breath and would wake up at night a lot feeling suffocated. Didn't notice any effect on IBS. I think it's worth trying though! 

"I could be wrong about everything." -Me

#4 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 October 2020 - 11:33 PM

Hello All , forgot to update this. I did try it . I did not notice any difference in my IBS symptoms but 20 mins after taking the supplement , I felt numbness in my hands and legs and something was off with the breathing . I did not feel good... it was like a high but a terrible high.. and the feeling goes away in maybe an our or so....I'v stopped it ..........

One thing is for sure though , it does cross the blood brain barrier , you can definitely feel something

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GABA

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here