New Here. IBS-D. Please, help. - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

New Here. IBS-D. Please, help.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JamesGod77

JamesGod77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 August 2020 - 05:44 AM

Advertisement
Hello there. I am not actually diagnosed with IBS-D, but my symptoms are the same and all the doctors I visited (5 from hospitals and 5 who I paid to) claim I am totally healthy according to the tests (which I made really a lot for 7 years of the illness). I tried almost everything including calcium, 10+ diets and even did not eat at all for 1 week, antidepressants, drugs for spasms, drugs for reducing gut acid, natural stuff like honey and so on. No effect. My symptoms are: diarrhea for 4-10 times a day, more in the morning, but it is not morning-bound it more depends on the fact did I sleep or not as diarrhea Is mostly followed by sleep. The color is yellow. It is watery. Sorry for the details. I really get worse if I do any active sport, especially if I go gym or go running. My weight is normal. My appetite is normal. I am not too much depressed taking into account my life on the whole. (!) I have discomfort at the left which is really related to the diarrhea as I have few days (1 per 4-5 months) when this discomfort is gone and diarrhea as well as other symptoms are gone at the same time. Also this feeling goes away at late evening very often. My pancreas, gut are tested with all possible procedures. I had my gut and bowel tested - no thing to be worried about. No h pylori, no parasites. No pain at all. There is only something at the left that is spasmed and I feel it every second and it affects my diarrhea. Doctors of no help. I live in Russia but I tried almost all the stuff I know about this illness. I also tried almost everything from your topics here. Could you give me any advice, please? I hope and I am sure I will be cured soon enough despite the fact I have been suffering for 7 years and nothing works, and I ask you to recommend me something to try. Great thanks to all of you. Wish you find your cure one day.

#2 masonmartin

masonmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 07:22 AM

The common gas symptoms include burping, passing gas, bloating, pain, or discomfort in the abdomen.

Gas in your stomach is primarily caused by swallowing air when you eat or drink. Most stomach gas is released when you burp. Gas forms in your large intestine (colon) when bacteria ferment carbohydrates — fiber, some starches, and some sugars — that aren't digested in your small intestine.

Gas or burping can also be caused by the bacteria in our large intestine. Our stomach and small intestine don’t fully digest some of the carbohydrates—sugars, starches, and fiber—in the food you eat. Undigested carbohydrates will pass to your large intestine, which contains bacteria. These bacteria break down undigested carbohydrates and create gas in the process.

The treatment of excessive intestinal gas depends on the cause, but you can do the following to reduce the gas – 

Eat a High-Fiber diet

Stay Hydrated

Manage your stress

Eat Slow and Chew your Food

Exercise regularly

Ditch Bad Habits (smoking, drinking, overeating)

Incorporates Probiotics

Also if you are passing smelly gas you can go for Flatuscents fart pills, it is the home remedy for flatulence. It can improve the smell of the farts and even it can turn the smell into a pleasant rose scent.

• JamesGod77 likes this

#3 JamesGod77

JamesGod77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 August 2020 - 08:23 AM

The common gas symptoms include burping, passing gas, bloating, pain, or discomfort in the abdomen.[/size]
Gas in your stomach is primarily caused by swallowing air when you eat or drink. Most stomach gas is released when you burp. Gas forms in your large intestine (colon) when bacteria ferment carbohydrates — fiber, some starches, and some sugars — that aren't digested in your small intestine.[/size]
Gas or burping can also be caused by the bacteria in our large intestine. Our stomach and small intestine don’t fully digest some of the carbohydrates—sugars, starches, and fiber—in the food you eat. Undigested carbohydrates will pass to your large intestine, which contains bacteria. These bacteria break down undigested carbohydrates and create gas in the process.[/size]
The treatment of excessive intestinal gas depends on the cause, but you can do the following to reduce the gas – [/size]
Eat a High-Fiber diet[/size]
Stay Hydrated[/size]
Manage your stress[/size]
Eat Slow and Chew your Food[/size]
Exercise regularly[/size]
Ditch Bad Habits (smoking, drinking, overeating)[/size]
Incorporates Probiotics[/size]
Also if you are passing smelly gas you can go for Flatuscents fart pills, it is the home remedy for flatulence. It can improve the smell of the farts and even it can turn the smell into a pleasant rose scent.[/size]

Hi. Thank you so much for the reply. I do agree it is connected with gas as when I underwent stomach endoscopy there was nothing unusual but medium level of gas. There was also gas in small and large intestine. The point is, if I am not mistaken, in my case, gas goes down from stomach to the small and large intestine. And what’s more it forms there in my stomach. I feel my stomach every second because of this very gas but it can not be caused by air or certain food because I tried so many diets and there was no effect at all, even when I used only water for 1 week without any food I still felt discomfort in my stomach and diarrhea did not stop. Could it mean that there was any bacteria down there in the stomach? I used so many antibiotics, drugs killing microbes, and so on but it did not work as well, however it is more likely to be my case. Could it be I just can’t locate the bacteria in my stomach causing this gas? I did 2 tests for h pylori. Negative. Maybe I need to do more tests as there could not be other bacteria in the stomach rather than h pylori? Sorry for so many questions in advance, but I am so glad to talk to a person giving me precious information. Thanks again for your reply.

#4 mellosphere

mellosphere

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:23 PM

This sounds almost exactly like me. I dont have any cures but what helps the most is eating a super low fiber diet and taking antibiotics about one week ever 2 months.

#5 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 August 2020 - 03:15 AM

@JamesGod77 : Do you recall how the IBS started for you ? Most people seem to notice that their IBS started either during a stressful period or just after a  bad bout of stomach infection ...

#6 Mgutz

Mgutz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:49 AM

Hi James, Im sorry if I cant be of much help. But I would suggest a natural paleo or lowfodmap diet, stay hydrated, probiotics! Now for when youre home and feeling this discomfort, I would suggest using a heating pad!! It works wonders for me when having cramps/abdominal pain, and try some Imodium for when you have to be out! Im praying for you, I know things will get better soon!

#7 20yribs

20yribs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:13 PM

Hello, I just joined this group. I am 67, retired, was diagnosed with Crohn's at age 12 but have been in remission for several years. My IBS is the main problem.

I wanted to share that I was diagnosed with IBS 20 years ago and gall bladder removal made it worse. Your comment about yellow stool stood out to me. 
I recently (2 months ago) was prescribed Colestipol as a trial. It is used for cholesterol, but it also acts as a bile acid  binder.  
It has worked wonders for me, best I have felt in twenty years. 
may ask your gastro about it.

#8 sarahavery

sarahavery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:37 AM

Does someone used antacids and found them suitable? 
I can see some products here like Alka-seltzer effervescent tablets and buscopan, but I am no quite sure from the side effects.
I would try if it was me, but it's my old man, so I need some extra info.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here