Embarrassing stomach noises - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Embarrassing stomach noises

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mik66

mik66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:03 PM

Advertisement

Hello everyone, I created account here just to make this thread.

My stomach is making gurgling and growling noises and since as a student I have to spend most of my time in quiet environments, this has become a big problem. I believe that the noise is caused by gas moving through my intestines. I'm not sure whether the main issue is with excessive gas building up, gas not passing through, getting "stuck" somewhere, or both.

Here is what I've tried so far

Diets, eating, home remedies:

• Low FODMAP diet, Vegan diet, Carnivore diet, Gluten free diet - neither helped or made any noticeable difference
  • Fasting - didn't help
  • Eating slowly and eating small portions - this helps a little but doesn't eliminate the noises
  • Drinking peppermint or chamomile tea - didn't help
  • Drinking baking soda with water - didn't help
  • I don't chew gum, don't smoke and don't drink coffee or carbonated drinks

Exercises:

• Taking a walk makes it a little easier for a while but the stomach noises come back after 10 or so minutes
  • Wind-Relieving pose (Pawanmuktasana) - this sometimes helps to release some gas but I'm still bloated and full of gas even after doing this exercise for 20 minutes or even longer

Medication:

• Gas-X - kind of helps to pass some gas but I still remain bloated and my stomach continues to make noises
  • Charcoal, Betaine HCL, Omeprazole, Alflorex Precison Biotics, Pantoprazole - didn't help

I don't think that the noises are caused by anxiety or stress as I get them when I'm sitting in front of my computer and just doing regular things. You might say that I should just ignore it. That's the mindset that I try to put myself in before I go to my lectures but when your stomach starts growling in a quiet class full of people and everyone turns to look to your direction it's hard to just "ignore it". I turn red and starts sweating, it's awful. I'm considering dropping out if I'm not able to resolve this issue any time soon.

I'm seriously at loss here. I seems that I've tried everything and my doctors don't understand what's wrong with me either. I've been to gastroenterologist and allergologist so far. I'm not allergic to any food and there seems to be nothing wrong with my insides either. I don't have any problems with defecation. I would appreciate any tip or advice that anyone here has.

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:31 AM

I can relate.   I've had this problem for many many years.    It's like my intestines are in constant motion.   Unfortunately I haven't found anything that helps.  

#3 mik66

mik66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 11:48 PM

I can relate.   I've had this problem for many many years.    It's like my intestines are in constant motion.   Unfortunately I haven't found anything that helps.  

How do you deal with it? Do you not have to be in quiet environments? I'm starting to think that wrapping some soundproof fabric around my stomach might be the only solution lol

#4 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:02 PM

I guess I'm lucky because I'm seldom in very quiet environs.   Not only the noise bothers me but its so uncomfortable with my guts constantly churning. 

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here