Need suggestions for decreasing transit time - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Need suggestions for decreasing transit time

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rob1553

rob1553

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:18 PM

Advertisement

Have restored most of lost functionality since powerful antibiotic wiped out my gut flora 6 weeks ago.

Now taking daily scoop of Miralax aided by daily large mug of split pea soup and serving of cooked beans with every dinner.  High quality yogurt and a probiotic for breakfast every morning.

This almost gets the job done; but not quite.  Transit time is slow and that makes for having to push to get the bowel movement out.  Would like to find some natural foods or beverage that can help with motility and peristalsis.  Would prefer to avoid medications or supplements.

Stool is firm but not hard due to aforementioned enhancements.  I wouldn't mind if it were a bit looser.  I have one every day; sometimes two.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob in Arizona

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:25 PM

Hi Rob -

Try two or three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar diluted with about a half a cup with water. It won't taste good but it should do the trick.

Good luck & keep us posted!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here