Stuck poop and IBS-M - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Stuck poop and IBS-M

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cendy99

Cendy99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:28 PM

Advertisement
I would really appreciate some guidance on this cause God knows, the GI is no help. Im a 44 year old very healthy female (CrossFit athlete, healthy eating...everything in moderation kind of a person. No alcohol). 3 1/2 years ago I had a colonoscopy because I had bleeding and a feeling of incomplete evacuation. All clear beside a few small hemorrhoids and once I got the a-okay symptoms went away. Fast forward to this winter. The bleeding was back and before long my thoughts were racing again. Soon to follow was the feeling of incomplete evacuation...but let me explain this feeling...I do not have hard stool. Its mushy and I go everyday. I feel like there is poop stuck higher up and if I go digging around I can often feel a very small piece stuck maybe 3 up. I can find something maybe 40% of the time. In any event, I continued on with these annoying and EXTREMELY uncomfortable symptoms except by April my stomach began grumbling as soon as I ate, I developed trapped gas and my bowel movements became very irregular. Days of diarrhea followed by constipation and I can barely pass gas anymore...in fact, when it Finally comes out theres not even any smell anymore?! I dealt with all of these symptoms until June (thanks Covid...). I finally got into see a GI and she said most likely IBS and possibly Levator Ani Syndrome because of my age and normal colonoscopy 3 years prior. She did order a mess of bloodwork (thyroid, inflammation, full blood count, celiac, liver) and a SIBO test. All were fine, but she tried me on xifaxin anyway...it did not agree with me AT ALL. I got a ton of diarrhea and cramping to the point where I called crying. I then had an abdominal X-ray that showed nothing. Our last correspondence was her asking me what I want her to do next??!! I mean, really?!

Ive tried Bentyl, Imodium, gas X...nothing helps and at this point Ive nearly lost 10 pounds...not a good thing on my already small frame. its all so upsetting. I will be the first to admit Im a hypochondriac and Im freaking out I have some rare sarcoma or small bowel cancer...or even ovarian cancer! Testing is okay, but not when your someone like me...every test takes what feels like years off my life. Im so afraid they are going to find something or worse, something that turns out to be nothing! I just cant go through it for no good reason.

The feeling of trapped stool higher in the rectum is just awful however I should mention that is goes away as soon as I fall asleep only to start again the next day. Its almost like I can feel the stool loading back there with every bite of food! Its terrible. Also the intestinal issues are just atrocious.

Please, ANY help is appreciated!

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:13 AM

I have incomplete evacuation sometimes.   My Gastroenterologist suggested Glycerin Suppositories.   They seem to help.

#3 Cendy99

Cendy99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:46 AM

Suppositories would be tricky for me because I have ibs mixed...I would be afraid to try that because of the diarrhea side...ugh, this is awful!!

#4 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:32 AM

I actually have IBS-D but still have incomplete evacuation at times.   Even after about of diarrhea..   Go figure.  The suppositories don't seem to result in diarrhea,  just help getting rid of what is stuck.  Of course I'm taking Motofen for diarrhea so sometimes it makes things slow down too much. 

#5 Cendy99

Cendy99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 September 2020 - 02:05 PM

Do you also have a ton of trapped gas and gurgling?? I feel like I have so much trapped gas. My stomach is always gurgling!

#6 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:14 PM

I also have tons of gas.  Also lots of gurgling.   It's like my intestines are in constant turmoil. 

#7 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:04 AM

Hi @ Cendy99:

I pretty much have the same symptoms , either loose stools and if I am not in the toilet then its gas . And as you mentioned , I'm not sure why , the gas does not smell... or maybe i cannot smell it I don't know.

Probiotics helps with gas reduction .It does not  cure you a 100% but it definitely helps. Do try it after you have consulted your GI . It has helped me . Its one of the safest things to try and even if it does no good , it will not do any harm . You will know within 2 weeks if its working for you .

If and when you do try it , do let us know ,so we can post further suggestions if it hasn't worked for you.

Good luck to you ! 

#8 mellosphere

mellosphere

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 08:35 AM

I will just say it has not been my experience that probiotics decrease gas. So ymmv.

#9 Cendy99

Cendy99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:13 AM

Hi all, thank you for the replies. Unfortunately, Im still struggling. Some days are a bit better than others, but this has NOT been a fun ride. Its awful. I cant believe Im dealing with this.

In the meantime, my primary has tried me on Elival (which was awful...my resting bear rate dropped to 40 beats per minute and I feel exhausted and nauseous). She then gave me valium and that actually calmed everything down until a few days ago and I started back up with everything in full swing again.

I am now trying another SNRI (Pristiq)...I was gene tested a few years ago and this drug was actually one of the ONLY antidepressants I shouldnt get side effects from. Well see. I took the first pill last night and I feel pretty nauseous today.

I guess the hardest thing for someone like me (with COMPLETE illness phobia) is should I be satisfied with an IBS diagnosis based on my testing? All blood labs, celiac, inflammation, thyroid and a SIBO test. Abdominal X-ray and the colonoscopy from 3 years ago. Everything seems to be normal. I see some people get CT scans/ultrasounds...I will say that I am very fearful of unnecessary testing because Ive pushed for things in the past that find something that turns out to be nothing! The stress that has put on me in the past has been crippling. 2 years ago I had a routine eye exam that should I had a spot on the back of my eye...now I have to go every year to have it measured to make sure its not melanoma! Lordy, Lordy!

I just cant put myself through things for no reason. Would you all be satisfied with this diagnosis based on my aforementioned testing???

I just want this to get better! This month marks 8 months!!!!!! Im done at least 6-7 pounds because of fear of eating something that will upset my stomach and the anxiety of it being something else is killing me!!!

#10 Cendy99

Cendy99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 October 2020 - 11:16 AM

Sorry for all the typos. Doing my best to type quickly on my phone!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here