Question for the ladies-IBS and periods - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Question for the ladies-IBS and periods

IBS Menstruation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 October 2020 - 12:56 PM

Advertisement

I have observed that just  on the day that I get my period(first day of your period), I have minimal or no IBS symptoms. Every other day ,  period or no period , my symptoms remain constant.

Anybody else notice anything similar ? 

#2 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 October 2020 - 03:24 PM

Hi Kenny
Nothing similar for me I'm afraid..the first day(rarely the second one too) is usually the worst for me. I get period diahrrea and awful cramps..In general I have to say I am more prone to smaller number of BMs in the 1-2 days before my period and increased number of BMs during my period. Sorry I can't help you more..

#3 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 October 2020 - 01:24 AM

@llyria

Thank you for your inputs ! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, Menstruation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here