Has anyone's IBS gotten better during the pandemic? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Has anyone's IBS gotten better during the pandemic?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suffering

suffering

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:11 PM

Advertisement

I used to have a lot of IBS-D, and I would take an Imodium every night as a preventive measure.

Since the pandemic started though, I've had a lot less D.  It's been mostly normal BMs and sometimes C.  I don't bother taking any Imodium anymore, unless I'm going somewhere where I know it'd be difficult to find a bathroom.

I'm not sure why I have almost no D nowadays.  For a few months this spring/summer I was working from home, and the last few months I've been going back to the office a lot.  I've been eating a bit less junk food since the pandemic started, and have lost a fair amount of weight over the past year.  Maybe I am less anxious?  I'm not sure.

Anyone else notice any change in their IBS during the pandemic?

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 04:45 PM

Maybe a little.    I am sure not going out as much lessens anxiety.   

#3 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 October 2020 - 11:29 PM

My IBS did not seem to get better even though I'v been home bound for months now..

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here