Sun Genomics Microbiome Test Kit - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Sun Genomics Microbiome Test Kit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cendy99

Cendy99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:12 PM

Advertisement
Hi all, I just posted about my 9 months of issues and testing, but I didnt get any replies. I have been dealing with nearly daily mixed IBS for the past 9 months. Every new day is an adventure. In my quest to normalize, I came across the Sun Genomics microbiome test kit and probiotics. Has anyone tried this or knows someone who has?

Also, at 44 years old, Ive had negative colonoscopy (3 1/2 years ago) and this summer, negative SIBO plus all normal bloodwork (inflammatory markets, TBC, celiac, thyroid, liver etc.). Also had a normal addominal X-ray about a month and a 1/2 ago. Should I be satisfied with my IBS diagnosis or should I be asking for more tests?

Im a hypochondriac and have had tests in the past that show things that turn out to be nothing. It sends my hypochondria into overdrive so I try to not over test for that reason. The last thing I need is a CT scan show something that turns out to be nothing. I just cant go through that right now....but in the meantime its hard not to think there is something massively wrong!!!

Any advice on either is appreciated!

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:27 PM

@Cendy99 : I haven't heard of this  test or this particular brand of probiotics  . But in general , probiotics is one of the safest things to try. Have you tried any probiotics in the past or is this your first time with them ?

#3 Cendy99

Cendy99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:22 PM

No. I havent REALLY given any probiotic a good college try yet. Guess it cant hurt. Ill order. I just got a 20% off code. What is your opinion about the testing??

#4 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:45 AM

Hi Cendy99
I'm from Europe so obviously I know nothing about this particular test BUT there are similar microbiome tests here and I've done mine few months ago. It was pretty straight-forward I must say: you send a sample and then they tell you what is wrong with your gut flora and then you buy things from them in order to fix it.
There was nothing wrong with me so I didn't buy anything in the end but I was surprised with my results(they were too because they asked for 2 more samples just to be sure). Must be all the years of probiotics and enzymes I'm regularly taking :)
Anyway..if you have time and money this is a good non-invasive test that can help you and not trigger your hypochondria. Good luck!
  • Kenny likes this

#5 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:36 AM

No idea about the testing (Looks like llyria has some good advice on that !)

I would highly recommend any reputed probiotic that has been known to help people with IBS, I'm sure you can figure out which of these is available to you in your current location .My advice would be to start very slow , start with one tablet a day and observe how you feel on a daily basis . Only if you see positive results , you can consider increasing your  probiotic .

Good luck !

Edit : Forgot to add , you could also give "kefir"  a shot before you try out the probiotics if you feel more comfortable with naturally fermented food

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here