Newbie Here - Long time IBS-A or M Sufferer - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Newbie Here - Long time IBS-A or M Sufferer

IBS-A IBS-M Anxiety Depression h. pylori

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 goldSun20

goldSun20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:51 PM

Advertisement

Hello Everyone,

I'm a Newbie on this website so I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I've been suffering with what I've just learned today on this website actually is IBS-A or M and Yes, I am in the 2nd day of an attack after some time with IBS-C and more stable and relatively stress free.  I'm also in treatment for GAD & Major Recurrent Depressive Disorder with a LCSW at my local medical center. Although I am not currently taking the Lexapro that was prescribed.  I'm hesitant to take medications and or anything else that I've not taken before.  Has anyone else been helped when taking Lexapro with their IBS-D?

My IBS-D is greatly intertwined with or caused by my Anxiety & Panic Attacks.  When I am distracted, happy and busy I'm fine.  But as soon as that Anxiety and the Fight or Flight Hormones hit my digestive system usually first thing in the morning, I'm suffering the rest of that day and sometimes into the following day with IBS-D.  It's so frustrating especially during these stressful times we are in now. 

I also suffered and I was told recovered from h. pylori years ago but I feel like I never really recovered from it fully and my digestive system or more precisely my Intestinal tract never recovered fully.  I've always wondered if h. pylori can go into the intestinal track too and the treatment didn't target that area or not?  Does anyone know?  I also had my gallbladder out years ago  too.

So to conclude, My cause effect is: Anxiety->IBS-D->B.R.A.T. Diet->IBS-C->eat to relieve->If anxious->IBS-D and on and on and on.  I spoke to a Doctor and she suggested Psyllium Husk for IBS, I bought an Organic plain Psyllium Husk Powder but haven't tried it yet, anyone have experience with that?  I'm also curious about digestive enzymes, but the one time I tried them I had the weirdest sensation in my stomach so I never took it again.  Does it get better the longer you take it?

#2 Mandoza1

Mandoza1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:43 PM

Hi
I'm new too.

Totally get you re the link between your gut and your mood, I wish they would educate us about this link when we're in school! I was signposted to info about the Vagus nerve, it's the nerve that instructs the body to rest and digest. If someone is living with a lot of anxiety then it is likely that the vague nerve is not being activated.
I read a good article online about 'easy hacks for your vague nerve' or something like that.

Also recommended to me was gut-focussed hypnotherapy. I'm waiting as my local therapist is only doing online consultations atm but it's worth a look if you're interested as theres clinical evidence it works.

#3 Mandoza1

Mandoza1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:45 PM

When i tried psyllium husk I felt really bloated but I know a lot of people do get on with it. I have a spoon of linseed or flaxseed and a big glass of water in the morning.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-A, IBS-M, Anxiety, Depression, h. pylori

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here