Barrett's Esophagus Disease - IBS Support Group Meetups - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Barrett's Esophagus Disease

Barretts esophagus disease

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 seabreeze45#

seabreeze45#

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:04 PM

Advertisement

Anyone out there have or know anyone with Barrett's Disease?  I had it diagnosed several years ago while having a colonoscopy.  It is a condition where the lower lining of the esophagus sustains damage due to inflammation produced by acid reflux.  I did not have that much of a problem to know I had such a thing.  I take medicine for it; 1/2 hr. before means to help with any reflex that I might have from my meals.  Hard to remember the pill, especially if I am out somewhere. It sometimes seems to help; other times, no so.  I get just as much, if not more, from taking baking soda in water.  I am concerned if taking baking soda, long term, my be bad for me.  Appreciate any feedback.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here