Ate too much popcorn last night, pain all day, please help! - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Ate too much popcorn last night, pain all day, please help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 susie419

susie419

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 11:05 PM

Advertisement

I overate yesterday, beans, cheese, just ate all day and then watched TV and ate about 4 ounces of popcorn which is almost the whole large bag. I have had cramps all over my abdomen all day. I am listening to my bowel sounds, scared that I may have a blockage because I am not passing much wind. However, there is no vomiting or severe pain. I know the popcorn has a lot of fiber and I am hoping I am better when I wake up. Has anyone here gotten abdominal pains after too much popcorn? Has anyone had pains all day? I usually don't have this from morning to bedtime. I am feeling so miserable  and would appreciate any feedback.

#2 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 October 2020 - 01:06 AM

Hi susie419
Sorry for your popcorn troubles..
I hardly ever eat popcorn or anything that has corn in it for that matter. My body cannot stand it and the last time I tried years ago I did have stomach pain after a handful of popcorn (4-5 pieces).
So good luck and if you must eat it I think that you might calculate your days better and not eat popcorn together with other triggers or maybe not in such large quantities.

#3 MrGoose

MrGoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 October 2020 - 10:05 PM

You should never eat popcorn or anything with seeds if you have digestive issues.  You are far more likely to get diverticulitis; and may have to go on anti-botics.   Seeds get trapped in the divets of the intestine; and cause pain and inflammation.   I had that once, went to doctor; and told me not to eat anything with seeds because they do not break down in your gut; and can cause more problems than its worth.  It took me a while to figure out from trial and error what to avoid eating.  

#4 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 04:55 PM

I have problems digesting popcorn too.   Regular corn is troubling too but not quite so bad.  

Sucks because I love popcorn.   Sometimes I indulge if I'm not going out.   I try not to eat much of it,  but I'm a real sucker for cheese and caramel corn.  

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here