Is there a Pattern in IBS-D patients? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Is there a Pattern in IBS-D patients?

patter; frequent stomach infections

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 October 2020 - 01:40 AM

Advertisement

I developed IBS at the age of 26. I had no IBS troubles prior to this , however , I was very susceptible to  frequent stomach infections.

For example , If I ate out with a group of friends  , I would have a stomach upset the next day where as , none of my friends (who ate the same thing) would fall ill.

However , as frequent as these stomach infections were , they would not last more than a day or two , nothing like consistent IBS symptoms that I experience now .  

Just curious if any one of you see a pattern here ? Did any of you suffer from frequent stomach infections before landing up with IBS  ?

Is susceptibility to stomach infections a precursor to IBS ? 

If any of you have similar observations about your past , please ,please do reply!

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 04:57 PM

I don't remember having any stomach issues before getting IBS.   My bathroom issues just seemed to get worse and worse over time. 

#3 AZGuy

AZGuy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 October 2020 - 03:12 PM

Mine started after I had an inguinal hernia repaired. But I also bought a house at the same time (stressful) so dont know if it was stress or something happened inside me during the operation. I also got a tattoo at the same time and I've learned later that the ink in your body can cause an immune response. So I had 3 things happen to me at the same time and I believe it triggered something.

#4 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:02 AM

Thanks @ AZGuy @ Bushja

Looks like this rules out the "pattern" I was inferring.

#5 njstomach3

njstomach3

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 03:25 PM

you say "stomach infections/upset stomach" for a day or 2 and then back to normal. Sounds like you've always had ibs/sensitive stomach, its just progressed to be more chronic. IBS for many folks out there starts with a bout of food poisoning, gallbladder issues, severe stress, etc. What I've learned is there is no one size fits all for IBS. Everyone experiences weird patterns and symptoms. Hopefully you've seen a GI and started your journey to healing. I'm about 15 years in, I'm 34 years old. For me it started with some upset stomach issues when i'd eat certain foods but i managed. Then in my early 20's the intense episodes started and it's been a battle ever since. Best of luck with your journey. 

#6 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 October 2020 - 12:57 AM

you say "stomach infections/upset stomach" for a day or 2 and then back to normal. Sounds like you've always had ibs/sensitive stomach, its just progressed to be more chronic. IBS for many folks out there starts with a bout of food poisoning, gallbladder issues, severe stress, etc. What I've learned is there is no one size fits all for IBS. Everyone experiences weird patterns and symptoms. Hopefully you've seen a GI and started your journey to healing. I'm about 15 years in, I'm 34 years old. For me it started with some upset stomach issues when i'd eat certain foods but i managed. Then in my early 20's the intense episodes started and it's been a battle ever since. Best of luck with your journey. 

Thanks  for your input! @njstomach3.  

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here