Hyoscyamine for IBS - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Hyoscyamine for IBS

IBS-D

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rebecca4

rebecca4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:49 PM

Advertisement

I am new here and have just been wanting a place where I don't feel so alone when it comes to my stomach issues.  I have had irritable bowel issues since I was 13 and I'm now 36.  Recently with all the stress of 2020 my IBS issues have gotten worse.  I have more random moments of diarrhea with severe cramping.  I know it is stress and anxiety induced, I am a teacher and trust me COVID has turned my dream job into a nightmare!  My doctor upped my amount of hyoscyamine that I'm taking, I was just taking a half tablet a day and he put me up to a tablet and a half a day.  If anything it seems to have made me have other issues including nausea and heart burn and just an overall feeling of not feeling quite right.  Has anyone else experienced this?  What medicines work best for you all?  Any suggestions would be helpful.  I do take a daily probiotic along with using fiber powder daily, this usually helps me but not lately.  Thanks in advance!smile.png

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 12:59 PM

I've had IBS for probably 35 year and have tried so many medications I don't remember them all.  I think I tired Hyoscyamine but it didn't work for me.   I use Motofen  or Lomotil.  They help a lot.   Not perfect but they usually stop the diarrhea.  

• rebecca4 and MareCare like this

#3 Positiveside

Positiveside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:28 AM

ask your doctor if you can take Alosetron, it is a 5-HT3 antagonist that may relieve abdominal pain and relaxes the colon and slow the movement of waste through the lower bowel. It is intended for severe cases of diarrhea-predominant IBS in women who haven't responded to other treatments, and isn't approved for use by men

#4 MareCare

MareCare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:26 PM

I've tried a lot of medicines, mostly worked for a few weeks/months then stopped working again. Hyoscyamine is definitely one of them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-D

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here