My family's story. - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

My family's story.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sheilacaron

sheilacaron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:56 AM

Advertisement
Hello! I am a wife of an IBS c . back a long time ago I was part of this community, it was the only place I could find information to assist with my hubby's problem. Hubs is not tech savvy. It's not his thing..

Let me tell you why I'm here.. my husband was diagnosed in 1995 with IBS-c back when they knew really nothing about IBS and there were only 3 types identified back then c and d and maybe g(as).

Through diet & exercise, stool softeners, and fiber and support here we thought we killed the IBS beast inside his body . THOUGHT is the key word here..

5 years ago he found out he has diverticulitis so I searched and searched found a fodmap diet started this over again.. got it under control.. happy day ..so you think..

So for about 15 years he was IBS symptom free. Until 5 months ago.. he thought he was having a diverticulitis flare up ..we been under stress so I knew it was bound to happen but tried to keep a positive mind.. well it didnt ..
recently had to go to er they did CT with contrast wasnt his Diverticulitis they said IBS.. I know they may still have to do a colonoscopy to confirm but thinking back to '95 it is deja vu. They gave him Bentyl for now which has assisted a bit with spasms (back in 95 they just gave him tylenol 3 and some other prescription painkiller so glad to see they have something less mind numbing )

So now it's back to square one, am I frustrated.. Absolutely.. is hubby frustrated? Definitely.. now I have to learn all the updated ways of putting the beast back into hibernation ( abolishing it would be better but need to get him back to a healthy digestive person )

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here