intense pressure, loud noises and sharp pains in suprapubic region: is this IBS? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

intense pressure, loud noises and sharp pains in suprapubic region: is this IBS?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 volans

volans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:57 PM

Advertisement

I'm a 31 year old male and I've suffered pelvic pain for 6 years and while many of my symptoms are consistent with a type of nerve compression, I'm curious how much of my pain is also related to IBS. Particularly because the pain got drastically worse after a course of antibiotics (cipro) i took 6 years ago. 

I never have IBS-D. I've had IBS-C for most of my life but I'm able to have daily soft stools by using miralax, magnesium, or a combination of both. However that still hasn't solved the pain, bloating, or gas that I get. Usually 20-30 minutes before having a bowel movement i can sense the stool moving from the sigmoid colon into the rectum and that's when the pressure starts to build up. 5-10 minutes before having a bowel movement it may be accompanied with sharp pains like the rectum is getting squeezed together like an accordion. Things settle down after the BM, but still throughout most of the day that same spot (4 inches below the belly button) it's always making loud noises.

What can be done? I thought some type of anti-spasmodic could stop the pains, but that wouldn't pair well with my IBS-C. It could just make me more constipated. 

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here