Symptoms of pelvic floor disorder - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Symptoms of pelvic floor disorder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sjw596

sjw596

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 05:20 PM

Advertisement

I'm starting PFD therapy in a couple weeks.  My GI-NP recommended it and said it can't hurt to try.  I'm getting by with Motegrity/MOM/Miralax, but I get backed up when I have so many incomplete BMs and the discomfort of feeling as though I always have to go, but can't.  Yesterday, the NP had me do a colonoscopy prep just to get cleaned out and start with a clean slate.  So, I'm curious about how PFD therapy may help me. I want to give it a try, but would like some indication of how it may help and how long before I can expect a benefit.  Thanks. 

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 06:34 PM

i, too, was dx'd with pfd.  my gasto doc said i was one of the worst cases he'd ever seen.  i went through two eight week courses of biofeedback and physical therapy and also bought a home biofeedback machine so i could practice daily at home.  it took about a year but i finally learned how to relax my muscles down there.  unfortunately i never was able to learn how to coordinate them  properly.

but like i said, i was a tough case.  hopefully it will go much better for you.  yes, it is definitely worth a try.  good luck! 

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:00 PM

Were either of you on antidepressants/SSRI before you got diagnosed with PFD ? 

Please have a look at the below link to see if matches your symptoms:

https://rxisk.org/bl...ntidepressants/

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:04 PM

Were either of you on antidepressants/SSRI before you got diagnosed with PFD ? 

no i was not.

• Kenny likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 sjw596

sjw596

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:10 PM

No, I wasn't.

• Kenny likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here