Moving across the country for university - Going to school - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Moving across the country for university

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mermaidsoul

mermaidsoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 December 2020 - 01:34 PM

Advertisement
Hello, this is my first post on here and Id like to start off by saying how grateful I am that this site exists. Living with IBS can feel so alienating when youre dealing with all these issues and you watch everyone around you not giving a second thought to their digestive system. Ive had IBS for as long as I can remember but it got severely bad about a year and a half ago. I suffer from IBS-C and have frequent bloating, pain, and flatulence that just makes life embarrassing. In March I changed my diet and started eliminating trigger foods. Ive also started using digestive enzymes and aloe vera. Ive been able to get my bowels moving regularly, at least in the morning. But my bowels only work if I stick to my routine. I dont spend the night at friends houses and all my classes are online this quarter. I work part time every other day in the mornings to mid afternoons. On these days Im not able to go and if I dont go then my bowels act as if I havent been able to go for months with extreme bloating and gas. Next fall I will be transferring to a University across the country. Its my dream school and Im excited but Im worried I wont be able to regulate my bowels when my schedule will involve getting up early in the morning for classes and then going to work right after and doing homework. Pre-covid this was how my schedule was and I had no time for anything and it wreaked havoc on my gut. Im going to an environmental school and lots of the classes will be outdoor-lab based classes and overnight field trips. Im worried I wont be able to hide my symptoms forever in that type of lifestyle. If anyone has been through a similar issue, any advice or guidance would be gratefully appreciated. Im determined to not let this illness rule my life and I want to experience as much of life as possible.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here