Bloating towards the evening - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Bloating towards the evening

bloating

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rajiv_gupta

rajiv_gupta

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:40 AM

Advertisement

off late towards the evening my tummy bloats and pains a lot. it seems the gas is trapped in the upper part of stomach near diaphragm. this has been a recent phenomenon even though i suffering from IBS D for many years now.

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 09:55 AM

I know what you mean.   Mine gets worse in the late afternoon.    I fill up with gas and constantly farting.   Hate it.

• rajiv_gupta likes this

#3 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 January 2021 - 02:17 PM

@Rajiv @ bushja:

Exact same . For me , also , bloating starts in the evening , like about post 6:30 7 pm

#4 AZGuy

AZGuy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 January 2021 - 02:47 PM

Same here. I constantly have to pass gas and its horrible smelling. There is no way I could ever be around anyone. Sometimes for me it lasts through the night.

Doctors dont know a thing. They keep saying the remedial stuff like take GasX pills. Watch your diet. Blah, blah, blah. I think stool is getting caught somewhere in the digestive track and causing a build up of gas.

That is my theory. That probably people with IBS-D have pockets in their stomach lining and food, waste gets caught and produces bacteria and gas.

#5 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 06:13 PM

I've tried all those anti-gas products and none have helped even a little.  I agree that we probably suffer from incomplete evacuation and that results in gas.   My doctor told me to try glycerin suppositories to get rid of the bm that's not coming out.   Sometimes it helps.  

#6 AZGuy

AZGuy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 January 2021 - 01:47 PM

I've tried all those anti-gas products and none have helped even a little.  I agree that we probably suffer from incomplete evacuation and that results in gas.   My doctor told me to try glycerin suppositories to get rid of the bm that's not coming out.   Sometimes it helps.  

I'm afraid to take those as I work all day long to try to not have diarrhea. LOL

#7 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 05:51 PM

I'm afraid to take those as I work all day long to try to not have diarrhea. LOL

I understand.    It's funny though,  when I have a bad bout of diarrhea I seem to have less gas later in the day. 

#8 AZGuy

AZGuy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:07 PM

I understand.    It's funny though,  when I have a bad bout of diarrhea I seem to have less gas later in the day. 

Makes sense to me. There is less solid waste up in your body that hasn't vacated yet so less bacteria buildup.

#9 mr_poopybutthole

mr_poopybutthole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:13 PM

Suffer from this too. Keeps me up at night. Charcoal sometimes helps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bloating

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here