Hello everyone - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Hello everyone

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Silviegee

Silviegee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:16 AM

Advertisement

Hello. I have just joined today.

I have an IBS -like situation going on for just under a year, with mainly "mushy" stool, not exactly diarrhea, which alternates with times stool is more or less normal.

The last  month I also started getting reflux, which I'd not had before, ever.

I tried FODMAPs diet and some of the foods help but some don't. I keep a strict food diary but haven't really been able to identify any trigger foods for IBS, though have for the reflux (caffeine and alcohol mainly, but I steer away from acidic food like oranges and tomatoes. Cooked tomatoes always gave me indigestion all my life but raw ones didn't. I don't eat them now anyway,)

It seems my symptoms come and go no matter what I eat or do, that I can't identify the cause of.

When there's a bad time such as stools are loose, any healthy food even steamed vegetables make it worse. I have to eat white bread, white rice, eggs, plain fish etc. When I get a good time (stools pretty normal) I can eat most things OK.

I am trying herbal medicine, Manuka honey, intermittent fasting, DGL licorice powder, and homeopathy. I have noticed a lot of benefit, but no cure so far.

I also wonder about SIBO, but am not finding online answers to questions I have about it, so intend to ask them here.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here