Recurring dream/nightmare - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Recurring dream/nightmare

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:26 AM

Advertisement

I am constantly having dreams where I can't find a restroom.   Usually I'm at a school or a large place like a mall and struggle to find a restroom.  Usually I find them and they are too gross to use or occupied or have people right in there with me.   Been going on for years.   Anyone else experience this?

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11076 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:42 AM

i used to have dreams like that a lot.  my problem was constipation.  like you, i'd dream that i was at school or a mall and was frantically looking for a restroom so i could try to go but, yes, they were all either too filthy and/or too many people in there and sometimes there were people even in the stall with me.........

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 Silviegee

Silviegee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:23 PM

I feel for you because you can't even escape from this in your dreams!

I find I often dream about things that occupy my life or mind during the day. For instance, I used to have a dog and dreamed every night I was walking the dog in places.

I once had a funny bathroom dream though. I was desperate for the toilet and then found that I couldn 't sit down because someone had decorated the seat with holly. I went to find another bathroom, and someone had done the same there.

So I woke up and went to the bathroom in real time....rolleyes.gif

#4 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:41 PM

I usually have dreams where I am in a social situation and suddenly I start passing gas , and I need to go .I then wake up and find out that I reeli have to go and have to rush to the bathroom. lol

So basically my need to go to the bathroom makes its way into my dream , wakes me up and makes me want to rush to the loo. 

Kind of similar to your dreams  but its not recurrent . 

#5 AZGuy

AZGuy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:46 PM

I dont think this kind of dream is uncommon. I often have dreams where I'm always looking for a bathroom and never can find one. Its pretty miserable. I think our daily lives are so full of that worry it bleeds over into our dreams. Like I still have dreams about forgetting my high school or college schedule and not knowing what class to go to. Or stress about a test. And I haven't been in school for almost 30 years. Anxiety is awful.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here