Digestive Enzymes - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Digestive Enzymes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 erikette

erikette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:14 AM

Advertisement
hey you with ibs!
has anyone found relief from abdominal pain / diarrhea / constipation by taking digestive enzymes? but then, if I wanted to take them for a long time, wouldn't they created tolerance or stuff?
then I saw that enzymes are just capsules and I can't swallow them, is there any of you who opens them in two and swallows only the powder?
tell me your experiences! :)

#2 erikette

erikette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:22 AM

#3 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 05:42 PM

I've tried them....didn't help with IBS-D.    Unless they are some kind of time release I think you could just take the powder. 

#4 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:33 PM

The one I take are in capsules and I read that the powder can be taken out and sprinkled onto food. (Useful when you are giving enzymes to kids)
Also I know that some brands have chewable tablets instead of capsules so maybe you can check that too..I tried those too but did not like them at all-mint flavour is not my favorite.
They helped me with digestion and I felt better after meals so I took them regularly for a long time. I take them only when necessary now for example when I eat out in a restaurant or any place where I didn't bring my own food. At home I take them when I eat something that contains more fat then usual since I cannot digest fat.
Overall they reduced my bloating and nausea and vomiting and cramps during and after meals..they did not help with or stop diahrrea.

#5 Positiveside

Positiveside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted Today, 01:17 PM

digestive enzymes assist with the breakdown of food, supplements might help alleviate common IBS symptoms.

#6 erikette

erikette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted Today, 02:28 PM

thank you all :)

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here