collagen peptides reduce pain/help BMs...? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

collagen peptides reduce pain/help BMs...?

collagen peptides IBS-C

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IBSc

IBSc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:04 PM

Advertisement

Anyone know why collagen peptides may seem to help my IBS-C symptoms?

I read that collagen peptides are similar to osmotic laxatives, pulling water into the bowel. They seem to help me have BMs and also relieve pain.

Anyone else experience this?

#2 Teronaus

Teronaus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:05 PM

No...

#3 Catchers

Catchers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:08 PM

Yes, I lost approximately 1 kg since I started taking them, haha. It's pretty weird to be honest because I haven't found any studies on this. I've only seen this 'drastic' weightloss only at people who took Melanotan 2, but nothing else. For me it may have been the placebo effect too as I wanted and I still wish to lose weight. If you think this is a problem for you, maybe you should go and see a doctor. People on forums don't have degrees. A professional's opinion would be the best in this case.

#4 Positiveside

Positiveside

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:22 AM

There is no research looking at collagen supplements and IBS. The theory is that collagen helps to mend the lining of the gut wall.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: collagen peptides, IBS-C

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here