Amitryptyline ibs flair - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Amitryptyline ibs flair

Ibs amitryptyline anxiety

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PeachyMama

PeachyMama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:53 AM

Advertisement
Hi all,

I'm on 20mg of amitryptyline, I rarely have flair ups but occasionally I still have flair ups.
The thing is I've kept my diet very bland pasta etc and have stuck to foods I know are usually safe for me.

I was stressed for 2 days (Thursday and Friday) but yesterday very relaxed so I had calmed down.

But this morning I woke up and had a really bad flair of ibsd which hasn't happened in 2 months.
It's worse cause I also have health anxiety to go along with it.

The only thing I did wrong was sleep on a really full stomach.

My question is do you get stress flairs of ibs even once you have calmed down for a day?
So in other words does your ibs still flair after the stressful event?

And also does it flair even though you're on amitryptyline?

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 05:37 PM

I'm not on amitryptyline but stress affects me for quite awhile.  Like after a Dental appointment I'm still having the big D the next day.

#3 Kenny

Kenny

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:19 AM

I was on amitriptyline for 2 years .I was specifically put on this medication ONLY for IBS . It helped me partially , it did not prevent flare ups .It just made them less severe. 

I decide this medication was not serving the purpose and I stopped it .

Word of caution : Any changes in psychotropic mediations must always be done in consultation with your doctors. Going cold turkey is a terrible idea

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibs amitryptyline, anxiety

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here