Histamine Intolerance a possible cause? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Histamine Intolerance a possible cause?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FinallyFree

FinallyFree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 February 2021 - 10:53 PM

Advertisement
Hello,

Has anyone here looked into Histamine Intolerance as the possible cause of their pain and suffering?

Ive ordered a supplement called HistDAO and Im going to modify my diet to cut out high histamine foods.

#2 aries_wmn

aries_wmn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:55 PM

I looked into this a few years back, but more because of other health issues, not IBS. But I will say that in general I've found that antihistamines like allegra and zyrtec kind of alleviate IBS pain. (I don't recommend this as a treatment, it's just something weird I've noticed.) So I definitely think it's plausible that histamine is involved in some way.  Research also shows that mast cells are involved in ibs, and mast cells release histamine. 

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here