Onions & garlic for chicken broth/IBS diagnosis - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Onions & garlic for chicken broth/IBS diagnosis

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Solyluna

Solyluna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:27 AM

Advertisement

Hello everyone:

I am new in this post. I am in a journey to finding out the root cause or causes for my GI issues. So far,  I was diagnosed with silent reflux and functional dyspepsia. I am not on PPI's (I used to), but I stopped because I have osteoporosis. I changed GI doctor who seems more holistic than my last one. So he has ordered an stomach emptying scan next week. My reflux has gotten so much better with lifestyle changes but not the dyspepsia. In addition, to all of this I have constipation & bloating; and also suspect some histamine intolerance. My first doc told me that he couldn't diagnose IBS. How do you diagnose it? or how did you know you had IBS? What tests did you take to rule out IBS? I have suffered from intermittent constipation for a long time, but I never pinned it to IBS until much later in my life. I am taking Magnesium Citrate at night and sometimes Miralax, and that sometimes helps; but other times it doesn't. Anyway, I am experimenting with homemade chicken broth. I hear is good to repair the gut; but I understand onions and garlic is a nono with IBS? How can I give my broth flavor? Is there any other alternatives to onion and garlic?  thank you

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2142 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:01 AM

I cannot answer all your questions but I eat a lot of onions and garlic for my IBS-C and I feel it definitely helps me go.

• annie7 likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here