SIBO - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

SIBO

weight loss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChuE

ChuE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 12:38 PM

Advertisement

I have been diagnosed with SIBO, and have both methane and hydrogen.  Thankfully I do not have diarrhea, but do have some difficulty during bowel movement and tend to be on the constipated side.  I would like to know if anyone has tried Ensure or Boost for weight gain?  I am also lactose intolerant.  I have lost so much weight and need help.

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 01:05 PM

so sorry for all your problems.

i'm trying to gain weight . and i also am lactose intolerant.  i drink three boosts a day. i  use the boost glucose control because it doesn't have as much sugar in it as the regular boost does. 

good luck.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 March 2021 - 01:51 PM

Hello
I also had SIBO a few years back but thankfuly I don't have it anymore. I'm underweight and drink Ensure in regular intervals-my doctor recommended it to me and you must have a prescription for it in my country. They don't sell it over the counter so I am limited in quantity.
I did not gain weight yet but I stopped loosing it so I consider it a success. ..also lactose intolerant..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weight loss

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here