COVID VACCINE - The Lounge - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

COVID VACCINE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jodie1963

jodie1963

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:49 PM

Advertisement

After much deliberation and waiting my turn for the vaccine I received my first dose.

I had myself so stressed out about deciding whether to get it or not that of course the IBS flared up.

Now I wait and stress about the second dose. 

So many people seem to have more side effects from the second dose.  And people at work who are against the vaccine are filling my head with stories of people getting a bad case of Covid from the vaccine, the issue with it not being tested enough before being released, etc.

So now I have second dose anxiety for the next month.

ohmy.png

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11873 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 03:41 PM

please do not listen to those people at work telling you false stories about people getting covid from the vaccine.  that simply is not true.  what's wrong with those people telling you lies like that.

my husband and i had both doses of the vaccine and neither of us had any side effects whatsoever.  neither did my brother and his wife.  or any of my friends.  in fact, i don't know anyone who had bad side effects from it. 

so please get both doses and please do not worry.  worrying never helps--it's very stressful and always makes things seem worse than they actually are.

• jodie1963 likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 Positiveside

Positiveside

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:17 AM

do not listen to people who are saying negative things about the vaccine, my sister in law had her 2nd dose and said the side effects are gone after 24 hours. just like any vaccine you might get a slight fever, sore arm and fatigue but that's about it.

what vaccine did you have?

• jodie1963 likes this

#4 jodie1963

jodie1963

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:01 AM

I got the Moderna.

Thanks for helping to talk me down from my spiraling anxiety.

rolleyes.gif

• annie7 likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here