Desperate for remedies please help - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Desperate for remedies please help

Ibs Ibs-c Pain Constipation Help Lookingforsolution

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Living in hell

Living in hell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:41 PM

Advertisement
So I've been in chronic gut pain for over a year and tried many things to no avail. I take restoralax everyday with fibre pills and amitriptyline at night but so far I'm just getting worse. I constantly feel like I need to have a movement but I either don't have one or have a liquid movement and still feel no relief after. I have bloating and pain of the abdomen and have been in a downward pain spiral for 3 weeks. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 07:27 AM

Hello Living in hell, and welcome to the board!

Read this when you have the time (click on below link to view):

http://www.ibsgroup....tion-aka-ibs-c/

Good luck and keep us posted!

• annie7 likes this

#3 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12332 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:35 AM

so sorry for all your problems.

i hope you have a good gastroenterologist.

have you tried any antispasmodics--like bentyl or librax?  librax did wonders for my abdominal pain.

i see you're taking  amitriptyline .  hopefully it's helping with your pain but it can have constipation as a side effect.

also, as far as constipation is concerned, fiber can help relieve constipation for some people if the cause of their C is a lack of fiber to begin with but if you have slow transit constipation, fiber can make things worse.  dumping more fiber in a colon that's already moving slowly can just back things up all the more.  i found i did better with a diet low in fiber.

good luck.  hope you can find some relief.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibs, Ibs-c, Pain, Constipation, Help, Lookingforsolution

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here