Does anyone else get intense fatigue during/after a flare up? + recovery time - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Does anyone else get intense fatigue during/after a flare up? + recovery time

Fatigue ibs brainfog abdominalpains

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Catharine85

Catharine85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 April 2021 - 05:37 AM

Advertisement

Does anyone else suffer from this? And how long does it usually take to recover? I have just recently had one of the worst flare ups of my life and it’s been 10 days and counting counting and I’m still not feeling right. Intense fatigue, abdominal pains and diarrhoea are the main symptoms. I’m having a colonoscopy on Tuesday to see if there is anything else going on and I’m terrified that they are just going to write me off if they don’t find anything. I currently cannot function as a normal human being. 

#2 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 09:25 AM

I think it's kind of normal for diarrhea to leave you wiped out.   I imagine dehydration is part of it.  

#3 Silviegee

Silviegee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 04:50 PM

Catharine85, I am feeling the same right now. I had a really bad flare out if the blue last Tuesday night/Wednesday. Before that sudden event I'd been pretty steady for a month and feeling normal really.

I've felt completely wiped out since. No energy and feel strange even though my gut has *kind of* settled a bit  more

Loss of sleep might be part of it, and fasting one day because I couldn't eat.

I am sorry you're going through a really bad long flare up. If they find nothing tangible at your colonoscopy, don't let them get away scot-free! Ask to see someone who is familiar with IBS and all the treatments for it, and a FODMAP dietitian. I wish you well. It's a rough ride, I know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fatigue, ibs, brainfog, abdominalpains

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here