Gabapentin Miracle - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Gabapentin Miracle

IBS-D

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chuade

chuade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:20 PM

Advertisement

For 50 years I have lived my life around my colon. Doctors call it spastic colon. I don't agree, my colon is stronger than Arnold schwarzenegger and is extremely coordinated  -  and with a mind of it's own. To be succinct, if I felt ANY urge I would need to march to the bathroom, counting steps - but usually making it. It got so bad over the past few months, that a few seconds after feeling a small urge, and then starting toward the bathroom, my colon would exert extreme pressure at first and then contract so violently that I was knocked to the ground (throwing my coffee because I didn't have time to set it down). An honest description of the pain would be it felt like a crowbar was thrust into my abdomen - below my navel, and then being lifted by the crowbar. It's not a 1-10 pain. It's more like a compound fracture or something.  

So after 50 years of getting the Bum's rush from doctors, "you have IBS", you won't die from it - bye.

I called a gastroenterologist and demanded that he remove my colon, and give me a bag, so that I might have at least a chance at a 'normal' life. He said that I won't find a physician in the USA that will take out my colon and recommended Peppermint oil.

Coincidently, on the same day, another doctor prescribed me Gabapentin for nerve pain. Very low dose - 100mG. The next mourning, instead of pain and 'water' I had discrete lumps. I'm sure at some time in my life I have had that - but I can't remember. It was like flipping a switch!

I didn't trust it at first, however, day after day I was like a normal human being!  " I " decided when to use the bathroom. Now, if I feel the urge I can choose not to go, and the urge subsides!  Nothing short of a Miracle. 

The Gabapentin effect is completely reversible. I was prescribed only a few pills to start off with. When I ran out, within a day or two, I was right back to pain, urgency and 'water'. I refilled the prescription a month ago, it worked the miracle again and I told my Gastroenterologist that I didn't need him, bye. I also told him that being unable to control my autonomic nervous system, that I he could 'see' the on/off effect with his imaging equipment.

I'm writing this, in hopes that this med. may also help you dear reader. 

#2 PD85

PD85

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:28 AM

Thanks for sharing and I hope it continues to work for you!

"I could be wrong about everything." -Me

#3 stoopid

stoopid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 07:56 AM

Wow amazing, how long have u been taking it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-D

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here