low fodmap - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

low fodmap

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ibby

Ibby

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 08:20 AM

Advertisement

Has eating low fodmap worked for anyone here?  I've been following low fodmap for about a month & thought it was helping in reduction of pain & bloating.  I'm find it doesn't always work.  I am trying to add foods because my diet is next to nothing but it seems part of my problems is also food allergies.  I ate about three bites of a potato which is low fodmap & in few minutes I started the pain & nausea I live in fear of.  I was very surprised.   Has anyone else experienced this with fodmap?  Thanks.

#2 aries_wmn

aries_wmn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 01:31 PM

Hi, so, low Fodmap did not help me at all, but everyone is different. Some of my triggers are low Fodmap.

If the diet seems to help you overall, you could have triggers that are high Fodmap, and some triggers that are okay on the Fodmap diet. As far as the potatoes go, were they plain or did they have butter on them? Just asking bc dairy seems to be a more common trigger than potatoes but everyone is different.

#3 Ibby

Ibby

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 06:07 PM

The were plain and because I have kidney disease I have to soak potatoes in water for hours to lower potassium.  I am also lactose intolerant. The low Fodmap also says hard cheese are ok to eat but not for me.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if we didn't have to deal with IBS?  I might actually relax & enjoy a meal instead of fearing every bite I put in my mouth.  Thanks so much for your reply.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here