Cauliflower but not broccoli triggers gas - Diet - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Cauliflower but not broccoli triggers gas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RoryT

RoryT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 04:12 AM

Advertisement

It's really weird but I seem to be fine with all cruciferous veggies except cauliflower (which I love, unfortunately). 

Has anyone experienced and hear of anything like this? Why might it be the case?

Curiously, the leaves around the head of the cauliflower are absolutely fine for me...

#2 Positiveside

Positiveside

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 09:18 AM

cauliflower is known to cause excess gas.

#3 Ilyria

Ilyria

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 08 May 2021 - 02:07 AM

Hi
Broccoli is low Fodmap food.
Cauliflower is a high Fodmap food..it contains polyols. If you are sensitive to polyols then you most likely have problems with other food from that particular group such as avocado,apple,plum,peach,celery, sweet corn..you can find the list online. It is worth checking it out.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here