Cure for leaky gas - traditional medicine - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Cure for leaky gas - traditional medicine

Cured Cure Leaky gas Leaky Gas Medicine Lg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ahelpinghand

ahelpinghand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 08:50 PM

Advertisement
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a cure that Ive found for leaky gas which is not ideal but works as a temporary bandaid.

By taking antidepressants and anti anxiety medications my leaking problem is gone. I still have more gas than the average person but the gas incontinence problem is resolved.

Just a bit of backstory, I got leaky gas about 6 years ago and about 4 years ago the problem stopped. I cant attribute exactly to what I did that helped at the time. Then, about 6 months ago the leaky gas returned after a period of what I would consider poor eating and stress management and I went down the rabbit hole of trying to search for a cure again and had to deal with the daily trauma of humiliation.

I was prescribed antidepressants and anti anxiety and since taking them the leaky gas has been gone. I can hold in gas without problems now. Im not sure what Ill be doing in the long term but I will continue to take these until things stabilise.

Just thought Id share this for anyone who is struggling and desperate to start living a normal life again - I know how horrible it is. I hope this helps someone out there.

#2 centraleurope01

centraleurope01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 31 May 2021 - 10:09 PM

Will you let us know which antidepressant and anxiety pills worked for you? Thanks in advance!

#3 ahelpinghand

ahelpinghand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:37 PM

Hey, I am using Zoloft/sertraline (antidepressant) and Zyprexa/olanzapine (anti anxiety). I feel like the anti anxiety meds help more with the leaking problem whereas the antidepressants reduce the volume of gas, together they solved the problem.

I hope this helps!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cured, Cure, Leaky gas, Leaky, Gas, Medicine, Lg

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here