Do any of you have problems with cat scan prep? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Do any of you have problems with cat scan prep?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Genie!60

Genie!60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 12:35 AM

Advertisement

I have IBS-c and am supposed to have a cat scan next week.  But the Readi- Cat  2 prep liquid contains sorbitol, and sorbitol makes my IBS-c so much worse that I'm concerned about taking the prep. Have any of you had to drink a lot of prep liquid and then have nausea and other digestive symptoms because of the sorbitol in the prep liquid?  Thanks.

#2 Silviegee

Silviegee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:46 PM

I feel for you about sorbitol. I am sensitive to it too, but I have IBS-d. It always makes me "go". It means I can't eat my vitamin C chewables any more without repercussions.

I have never had a gut CT scan, only a head CT scan two and a half years ago, and of course for that there was no prep.

What sort of symptoms does sorbitol give you? It is known for having a laxative effect. In my case, that's what I don't need. I haven't found it gives me cramps or bloating or nausea though. Just too much pooping.

Are they giving you a prep liquid with sorbitol to clean the gut before the CT scan?

Sorry I am late on this. Did you get the scan already?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here