Unexpected cure - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Unexpected cure

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 01:30 AM

Advertisement
I have had IBS most of my life. I am now 62. It started as IBS-D and eventally changed to IBS-C.I tried soo many things and sometimes got temporary relief. In May I came down with pneumonia and was coughing up blood. I was very sick. Some of you who responded to my posts may remember. I was put on Biaxin for 7 days which did not get rid of it and I had a relapse. A pulmonary doctor prescribed Levoquin antibiotic for 10 days. After the round of Levoquin in July, I noticed that my stools were normal. I have waited now for 6 months to see if this would continue or if it was just a temporary improvement. Well, I am happy to report that I am still normal. It seems to be important that I continue to drink lots of water but otherwise I am OK. I have been surprised by this turn of events and don't quite know what to think. Redfern Posted Image Posted Image

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here