pain in legs and rectum - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

pain in legs and rectum

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 10:34 PM

Advertisement
HELP!!!! I have sooo much pain and I can not get a doctor to give me anything for what I believe is IBS. I do not have the financial means to have a GI series done. I have done much research and from what I have read the symptoms are those of IBS. The only symptom I can not find anything about is the deblitating leg pain I have. When i go to sleep the pain goes away. PLEASE someone tell me if they have had pain in legs and rectum with IBS. It's takin over my life.

#2 falan54

falan54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 04:18 PM

If you have type C IBS then leg pain could result from pressure due to bowel pressing on to the artery running down through the groin into the legs or through pressure on the sciatic nerve.Pregnant women sometimes get an equivalent problem due to pressure from the womb.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 10:07 PM

I have IBS C . I have leg pain and my feet hurt me alot. I take zelnorm it does help me but I still feel awful. You can also have back pain. I feel swollen from head to toe. My belly swells up like I am 6 months pregnant. So I would say anything you feel could be caused from your IBS.Dont that just Suck!!!!

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:23 AM

I too get pains down the legs , sciatic , ankle, stabbing pains in my feet as well. The rectum pain I get, its a result of spasms happening in the lower colon, and ouch they knock me over literally, have found doing relaxation techniques help diminish the rectal pains, for the rectal pains do a search under "proctalgia fugax" on your server.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:49 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU for the replies. I thought I was the only person with pain in my legs and rectum. I have an appointment with a different doctor on the 24th. HOPEFULLY he will have mercy on me and give me something. Wish me luck

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:26 PM

Hi SicknTired, I have suffered from the same leg pain and my GI MD was brushing it off like nothing. My GYN MD did a lapraoscopy to check for adhesions from previous abdominal surgery. She found none but did see that I have huge varicose veins throughout my abdominal area. The idea of colon spasms causing pressure and then affecting artery/nerves that are in plevic and groin area, and go down leg to foot is no fantasy.These events are real! I have seen three GI MD's since 2000 and only now have one who shows understanding. Pleeze find another MD who listens and does not just treat symptoms but the whole person. Posted Image

#7 mike

mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:39 AM

Thought I was the only one. Legs hot but stops in bed. Hot anus and Flatuance. Feet can be cold at the same time. Had IBS on and off for many years (took loperamide for Diahrea ) before these symptons occurred.

I also suffer BMS ( Burnt Mouth Syndrome ) thick saliva, also effects eyes nose ears and stops teers. Started a short time before leg problem.Was told this could be neuropathic and could effect other body parts.

Also get Back ache but was recently told I had Oesterporis and a cracked bone.

Testosterone very high at 52. Surprising since I had a Radical Prostectomy in 2001 ( Removal of Prosate due to Prostate Cancer)

You can guess after spending most of my life helping other people I am actually now looking for sympathy and probably a penpal who understands how these things can screw your life up ( =:

Mike

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here