want to share my story - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

want to share my story

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 11:49 PM

Advertisement
When I was 28 I began having very miserable symptoms that at the time I did not know could have been IBS..It started with lots of Mucus in stools and alone only and I began to worry since my dad died of colon cancer at 58..I guess it was a visiuos cycle because I started having problems with severe nausea and I would panic in the mornings when I tried to eat as I could not..I lost quite a bit of weight and my family said I looked anorexic..this went on for about 7 months..I would have to force food down and sometimes in the evening I could get down some shredded wheat or a banana..It was a miracle that I did not fade away..Then after the 6 month period of the miserable symptoms went on I got severe broncitis and had to go to my family doctor..I never went for my problem with the "IBS" as I was afraid that I would have to have a proctoscopy or something..and just the thougth of it made me ill..I think now if I would have gone earlier to my doctor I would have recovered faster..well anyway at my doctors office I casually mentioned my problem and he did a rectal exam and he said that I was young and healthy and probably have what is called the irritable bowel..just knowing this made me feel better and I gradually got better..I did have to take some anti anxiety med for a while..it is funny how just worrying so much can aggravate something..since then if I get a bout I try not to worry as much

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here