As close to a cure as I ever hoped to get! - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

As close to a cure as I ever hoped to get!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 02:27 PM

Advertisement
I was diagnosed with IBS about 15 years ago. The unmanageable problems first started after I spent a day at work pigging out on a bunch of different foods. That night I got the big D and from then on my bowels were messed up. I had a tendency toward loose stools since high school, but it had never affected my life before. After I was diagnosed I took Lomotil almost every day because I was so fearful of getting D when I was out. IBS had a big impact on my social life, although now I appreciate the fact that it made me much more independent. Before I was really shy and hesitant to do things on my own, but after IBS I did a lot more on my own in case I had to leave a situation. I decided the Lomotil wasn't good to take so often so I cut back and then only took it as needed. Then I switched to Imodium and I was to the point where I didn't need it that often. My IBS was definitely D predominant but I had some cases of C every once in a while.Then this year I found the IBS bb and the hypnotherapy CDs. I instantly felt a weird sense of calm after I started listening to the CDs. About halfway through I noticed an improvement in the D even though I realized form reading the bb that people have it much worse than I did. By the time I finished the series I had improved a great deal, but I had a setback at the end. I went to the bb for advice and found out this is common because those mind armies are trying a desperate attempt to get back to the forefront. This lasted a couple weeks and since then I have only had improvement. I finished the series in mid-August of this year and now I rarely have D. Maybe 2 or 3 incidents shortly after I finished and no problems for at least a month. I also noticed an improvement in the bloating (a BIG problem for me). As I see it, I will continue to improve and I'm really looking forward to the Beyond 100 series because I'm convinced that hypnotherapy is the only natural way to find such relief. By natural I mean no drugs. This is a big deal to me, because I hate taking medicine if I don't have to. I don't want to rely on it. I needlessly suffered all those years because I didn't know there was help out there that was non-drug related.I am grateful to this bb, everyone who provides support and to Mike for the IBS hypnotherapy program. Without everyone here, I would have continued needlessly suffering. Posted Image

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here