• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 11:10 PM

Advertisement
I am IBS-C with occasional D. I use a fiber supplement once daily (either BeneFiber or Fiber CHoice chewable) right after breakfast. I eat fruist a veggies a lot for fiber also. I avoid my trigger foods (spinach, straight eggs, kielbasa, most other sausages) and try to avoid too much dairy. I drink about 8 glasses of water daily and recently started exercising. I also meditate every night before bed to relax me. My husband also knows eastern medical philosophy and has helped me find pressure points that help stomach pain. I try to stay calm also and maintain a positive attitude about IBS, that it is not life-threatening and I can overcome this. I take Nu-Lev at very difficult times, when the pain makes me double over. My doctor is wonderful and I know I can ask him a question at any time.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here