I have had chronic IBS symptoms since age 19 and I am now 40 - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

I have had chronic IBS symptoms since age 19 and I am now 40

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 January 2001 - 05:15 PM

Advertisement
I have had chronic IBS symptoms since age 19 and I am now 40. I am married w/ 3 sons, ages 15,12 1/2 and 9. Anyway I think I found the right combination because my occassional episodes of diarrhea haven't happened for about 2 months now. That is around the same time I started taking Natures Made Calcium w/out magnesium, 1 1/2 fiberchoice daily and my usual Probiotics..which I have taken for 12+ years. Although I recently changed my brand of probiotics. Anyway I don't know if one is working more but this combination along w/ eating a macaroon a day has helped keep me regular. I haven't changed my eating habits at all and am now more convinced than ever that your diet has absolutely nothing to do w/ IBS. If it did, the same foods would have bothered me by now. I hope my success continues as this will also help my confidence and mind/gut connection. I just want to say to keep on trying things that might work for you. I just stumbled on this combination and so far so good. I was not severe w/ "D" as some people seem to be. I would have occassional "D" maybe once or twice a month but then in past 6 months had problems maybe once a week. So 2 mos of normal bm's is really encouraging and will continue with what I've been doing. You can deal w/ this just try not to let it control your life or you will lose and it will be harder to come out of it. Take care everyone and be well.....Stay positive....Therese

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here