Identify problem foods! Works a treat! - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

- - - - -

Identify problem foods! Works a treat!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Shaneus_*

Guest_Shaneus_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2001 - 10:40 PM

Advertisement
Hi, new to this bulliten board. I've had IBS for about 2 years, and after finally being diagnosed, I went about identifying foods that cause attacks. If you try a food, make a log of it - how much, how it was cooked, etc. I always get attacks within a few hours of eating something. But! I've found that the effects do not wear off for a few days, so I keep that food as a possible cause for the next 72 hours or so. After a month of two I found that - dairy (lactose?), wheat, gluten and nuts set me off. I avoid those foods (I have a very supportive and vigilant girlfriend who enforces it!), and I never really have problems. I'd say I'm basically "normal" if I avoid those foods. Stress doesn't seem to be a huge factor for me, just food. I run alot, and have been told that may affect IBS, but I haven't had a problem with it. Give it a try! All the best,Shane.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here