I suffer from IBS-D - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

- - - - -

I suffer from IBS-D

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hotmeow_*

Guest_hotmeow_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2001 - 05:23 PM

Advertisement
I suffer from IBS-D, and have found a lot of help on this forum. I wouldhave to say the biggest impactor has been learning about calcium and it'saffect on my IBS. I take a 600mg supplement at lunch and at dinner, with myfood , so I avoid the upset tummy I get if there is nothing else in therewhen I take it. After only a few days of this, my D was greatly diminished.I also take an extra calcium pill if I know I am going to eat or dosomething to trigger the D. For example, changes in my work schedule, goingto a business lunch, or choosing to eat pizza or ice cream! This seems toslow things down a bit.I never go anywhere without my Imodium!! Sometimes I have to take 4 or 5 ofthe things to control the D, but it works!!I also take the antidepressant, Celexa. It seems to calm my overall generalanxiety and the panic attacks I've had since I was a kid. It also does notseem to have some of the side affects I had while on Paxil.Sometimes, no matter what I do, even when I have been avoiding all my knowntriggers, the D gets evil. During an attack, I try to stay positive and takea lot of deep breaths. Sipping on water and taking a newspaper with me tothe loo helps me focus on something other than the cramps. A sense of humorhelps, too. I remind myself that no one ever died from an attack of run ofthe mill IBS-D, and that seems to help!!Sharing my thoughts, and reading others' on this forum has also been apositive influence on my D. It helps a lot to see that you're not alone, andall the weird noises, bloating, and odd stuff coming out of you also happensto lots of other people!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here