Can't pass gas! - Page 3 - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Can't pass gas!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 03:54 PM

I don't have time to read through the other replies so I don't know if this has been suggested.I too suffer from painful gas, and Gas-X and other OTC remedies do not work for me.This is what does work for me:FENNEL TEA - strong cup, steeped for at least ten minutesSOLUABLE FIBER before meals (Fiber Con capsules, Citrucel, Benefiber)The fennel tea worked on my system immediately!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 01:15 AM

I have the trapped gass problem too. If it wasn't for that i could deal with pretty much all other ibs symptoms. It's been really bad lately and i've lost like 3 and half kilos because i just don't want to eat. Somtimes i can push on my belly and feel it all moving around but not going anywhere. If it doesn't go away before i go to bed...i don't get a good nights sleep. ahhhh.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 04:02 AM

So I am probably not dying? Thank God for this site, I've had IBS & cystitis for over a decade now, mangaged to keep both under control (sorta), but had two infected teeth extracted a month ago and have been in IBS hell ever sense, and of course now I am on 1200 mg of clindimiyicin (sp) to clear up the bad bacteria, I have a dull ache in my lower back, I am thinking I am constipated but have been using stool softners and fiber and going, so why do I feel like I am blocked? trapped Gas could be it? Hope so, I have an appt. on Tues. with dr.,I have managed to avoid a colonoscopey for years, but think it's time. sigh, 1AM, time for bed, but still in pain still have tylenol with codeine left form having teeth pulled, is tempting, but who knows what that'll do! hoping 2morrow will be better.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 11:35 AM

Hi everyone I am new to this board I have IBS just diagnosed like 2 weeks ago I had it for a year though, anyway I tried Zelnorm and it gave mesevere headaches so i could not take it anymore, I have ibs-c and i could not go to the bathroom for like 4 to 5 days and when i did i had to strain and not much happened i tried so many things i get the bloating i have that 24-7 that does not go away. and severe gas pains in my stomache it hurt like crazy i was crying it woke me up every morning early, but now i just started garden of life digestive enzymes and it helps tremedously you would not believe and i can't even eat bread or dairy and with this i can i don't get any horrible gas pains because i am also taking a cheap brand of charcoal capsules 2 at a meal or 2 after a meal. with the enzymes i am taking 3-4 depending on the food i am eating and it helps, I used to be so uncomfortable after eating and its only been 3 days and now also i use this colon cleanse first thing in the morning called yerba prima colon cleanse and thank God before I even leave the house i have a good comfortable BM and I tried so many colon cleansers and all kinds of things to make me go but this stuff helps. I hope this can help someone I thought i would share this it helps me. I don't be on here too much but i will write when I can.

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 12:13 PM

Peppermint oil capsules helped with my gas problem.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 09:25 PM

To Earthgarden, Is there a uk website you know of that we(from the US)can buy this colepermin?

#47 donnambr

donnambr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:15 PM

I can totally relate to this gas problem. Fennel tea helps me out a bit. You can also get fennel pills at the health food store. I think the best quality fennel tea is Heather's tummy teas at   http://www.helpforib...teas/fennel.asp.  but when I can't afford it, I just get a plain fennel tea for $4.00.  I'm a chronic constipation sufferer with loads of gas and bloating. 

#48 skrypnik1980

skrypnik1980

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:12 AM

I know, how to treat IBS (irritable bowel syndrome so fancy name). I'm not selling anything and so on, so be with me.

Simply.
Reason: ascaridae human (nothing special =truth)

Treatment:
1 Pyrantel\Piperazin (maybe, weaker treatment + less side effects)
2 Albendazole\Levamisole [maybe, stronger treatment, especially Levamisole, + more side effects (I don't have any side effects)]
Nota bene 1: You will have an immediate effect (!), but to kick out (yeah haha) ascaridae is pretty intricating (ahaha), so you'll have to repeat those treatments up to 15 times (use pauses to about 2 weeks\start treatment when symptoms arise).
Nota bene 2: You can use both treatments, even simultaneously, but don't do such thing to ascaridae.
Nota bene 3: Use instructions on dosage to each medicine.

Prevention:
Put your hands\food\etc. to your lips only when hands\food\etc. cleaned (could be cleaned with water itself).

And the main thing: mate, be a good human!

#49 sarahdrew

sarahdrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:16 AM

it helps to lie on your stomach for a period of time, it applies pressure and physically makes it pass

#50 taniieejones84

taniieejones84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 April 2018 - 04:28 PM

So sorry to hear that you're having this problem. I can relate to this. It's so painful that the pressure is causing me pain! Try drinking warm water in the morning, I drink this ayurvedic drink that is a combination of lemon, ginger, turmeric etc, maybe you can try to check out teas of such maybe? Or just try to drink warm ginger and lemon tea. It helps me with gas and bloating in general. Exercise seems good too though I have diastasis recti so I can't do some major exercises. 

Tanisha Lee Jones

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here