Anyone tried completely starch free diet? - Page 7 - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anyone tried completely starch free diet?

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 Arnie W

Arnie W

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:10 PM

We're all obsessive round here - well, about our bowels anyway. I'm sure that's why my doctor thinks, anyway.I don't know why the book is not advertised on the site. Maybe Jeffrey Roberts could answer that. I imagine that the publishers of any book about IBS would alert various sites to get maximum publicity and these particular publishers have not done so. Or maybe Jeffrey needs to be alerted to a book in order for it to be publicised.I had correspondence with the publishers and author of the book, after I met the author in person. Carol Sinclair seemed to be a very nice, genuine, obliging woman, who showed an interest in the site when I mentioned it to her, whereas the publishers were interested in how I could give publicity for the book rather than how the author could help with individual personal questions on a message board.I could give the author the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe she is not internet-savvy, lost my email or has been far too busy. So I don't really want to grovel and beg for her to contribute to our thread. However, the potential to make several sales through this thread and a consequent tricklng effect through to other threads seems to be a wasted opportunity for her.That's my grumble for the day!

#122 Jan8

Jan8

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:24 AM

Guts for garters. I have yet to read any posting here that comments very much about Carols book. Although I think it has some interesting and use full information. I would not hold it up as being 100% to my way of thinking, exactly the same as I wouldn't do like wise to any other publication that I've read to date. Carol has written a book about what works for her and to the best of her knowledge. We should except that and take out of it what works for us as individuals. No diet or plan in my mind should be followed to the letter just because it works for someone else.I can continue to say that starch free works for me, this is not the same as saying, its because of Carols book.

#123 Jan8

Jan8

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:24 AM

Guts for garters. I have yet to read any posting here that comments very much about Carols book. Although I think it has some interesting and use full information. I would not hold it up as being 100% to my way of thinking, exactly the same as I wouldn't do like wise to any other publication that I've read to date. Carol has written a book about what works for her and to the best of her knowledge. We should except that and take out of it what works for us as individuals. No diet or plan in my mind should be followed to the letter just because it works for someone else.I can continue to say that starch free works for me, this is not the same as saying, its because of Carols book.

#124 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:40 AM

I asked Jeff about the book.I also checked on Amazon and it isn't something they currently have in stock...and I don't know if that makes a difference, but I'm sure they could get it if people wanted it.Most of the books on the list (I think maybe all of them) are available through amazon and ordering them from the links to amazon on this site (If I recall correctly) helps with funding the site.) So I don't know if there is a proceedure to link to a different site for that book if it is usually available only through their own website rather than amazon...but this is all speculation.K.
My story of beating IBS: My Story with IBS
Ph.D in Biology

#125 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 10:40 AM

I asked Jeff about the book.I also checked on Amazon and it isn't something they currently have in stock...and I don't know if that makes a difference, but I'm sure they could get it if people wanted it.Most of the books on the list (I think maybe all of them) are available through amazon and ordering them from the links to amazon on this site (If I recall correctly) helps with funding the site.) So I don't know if there is a proceedure to link to a different site for that book if it is usually available only through their own website rather than amazon...but this is all speculation.K.
Ph.D in Biology

#126 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:50 PM

Jeff replied on another thread about the book.It wasn't on the list because he had never seen it/didn't know about it.Plans on adding it.K.
Ph.D in Biology

#127 Kathleen M.

Kathleen M.

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34954 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:50 PM

Jeff replied on another thread about the book.It wasn't on the list because he had never seen it/didn't know about it.Plans on adding it.K.
Ph.D in Biology

#128 Jan8

Jan8

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:16 AM

Has anyone else noticed that with a decrease in gas and bloating, you are having an increase in burps, something I have never often done in the past. A far more exceptable way of getting rid of gas I believe and I hope without the smell. Has this change also come about because of the starch free diet? must be the starch free as nothing else has changed.

#129 Jan8

Jan8

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:16 AM

Has anyone else noticed that with a decrease in gas and bloating, you are having an increase in burps, something I have never often done in the past. A far more exceptable way of getting rid of gas I believe and I hope without the smell. Has this change also come about because of the starch free diet? must be the starch free as nothing else has changed.

#130 Jan8

Jan8

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 11:46 AM

For some odd reason this gas shift is for real and not just happening to me. Elderly auntie is also almost starch free now and has found the same thing, burping rather than F...ing. Interesing? could it be because of a more relaxed digestive tract thats no longer under the stress of starch.Also have done the test on very ripe bananas and found that they are almost starch free, great news as could do with another food that is quick and easy, just have to get use to them being very ripe. I've eaten on the firm side in the past.

#131 Jan8

Jan8

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 11:46 AM

For some odd reason this gas shift is for real and not just happening to me. Elderly auntie is also almost starch free now and has found the same thing, burping rather than F...ing. Interesing? could it be because of a more relaxed digestive tract thats no longer under the stress of starch.Also have done the test on very ripe bananas and found that they are almost starch free, great news as could do with another food that is quick and easy, just have to get use to them being very ripe. I've eaten on the firm side in the past.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here