Propofol - GI-related Diagnostic Tests - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Propofol

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tiss

Tiss

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:29 PM

Advertisement
I am having my 5th colonoscopy on Nov 2nd. I saw a new GI and explained my troubles with the meds not sedating me. He said that a certain percentage of people do not respond to the 'twilight sedation' medicines (me being one of them) and now they use Propofol. I had a bunionectomy last year and that is the med they used and I was under like a light and came out of it quickly. I am so relieved! I will also have an anesthesiologist there.
Tiss

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:43 AM

I just had an upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy on Sept 25 using Propofol and I don't remember a thing about the procedures. I just remember the doctor saying you will start to get sleepy and the next thing I knew, I was in recovery. I was pretty alert afterwards too! Good luck with your testing!

#3 angelahaase

angelahaase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:10 AM

Propofal hurts when its administered

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here