Any from England ? - Page 4 - IBS Support Group Meetups - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Any from England ?

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Very Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:04 PM

IBS Chat Sessions:I don't know if many of you are aware that there used to be a chat session for UK IBS sufferers in the chatroom on sunday evenings. I used to run it but had to give it up because the timing clashed with my job.Since there seems to be a fair number of us UK sufferers about, I'm considering restarting the chat session if there is enough interest that way we are all in one chatroom at same time.I am available monday, tuesday, thursday evenings if any of these would suit. My broadband connection gets a bit wobbly at 9pm, so would something like 7.30 suit?Let me know what you think and I will contact Jeff to update the details.Clair

#62 Guest_SarahB_*

Guest_SarahB_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:30 PM

Yeah Im around most of the time so it sounds good to me !

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

Hello, I'm a West Country man living in Liverpool. How's everyone doing? Would love to hear from people. Is anything coming from this discussion at all? Cheers for now... Posted Image

#64 cookies4marilyn

cookies4marilyn

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 02:02 PM

Hi Chas and welcome -don't know if anything has come of this chat meeting, but we are going to have a chat on Sunday - June 12, 2005 - we used to have UK chats at 8pm your time years ago and again in the evening US time and some of the Brits would come for both. As a test, I am hosting a chat on Sunday evening US time, but will be half midnight UK time. But if you are a night owl, you are most welcome to join us - I am hoping some Brits do- if there is interest, then we will organize one for 8pm UK time as well in the future.I am in the US but I help Mike Mahoney with the IBS Audio Program - he is in Warrington, not far from you!Hope you can join us! Posted Image Posted Image

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 04:43 PM

Hey everyone, hope ur all feeling OK, or better anyway!Tpying this from Cambridge tonight, although i'm often around Ipswich at weekends catching up with everyone. It's so good to hear that it's not just me going through all this hassle... i've seen lots of good ideas and advice that i'll definitely have to try out. Be nice to hear from anyone who fancies a chat, it's such a nice change to be able to discuss things with people who actually understand where ur coming from and don't give you that look! Posted Image Speak soon x

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:47 AM

London Posted Image

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:41 PM

Ello, Just been diagnosed with it. Am from Dorset.

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:35 AM

hi! im from suffolk! anyone feel free to email me or add me to msn for chat Posted Image xXx

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:38 PM

I'm from a small town called Frimley, not far from Guildford surrey!!Anyone anywhere near??Lisa

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:47 PM

im living in Doncaster at the moment :(

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:35 PM

i`m from Manhester,can confirm that IBS is `torture`

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:13 AM

I'm from Bath, but from July I'll be moving back home to sunny Edinburgh.

#73 rhonalomey

rhonalomey

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:23 AM

Any from South Africa

#74 Nick65

Nick65

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:18 PM

HiI'm from Sunny Poole in Dorset Posted ImageI used to live in New Barnet, Herts until 9 years ago, and now I live by the Sea Posted ImageI am currently inventing a "Thing" to help me get out and about on holidays or go to mates weddings etc etc etc.I will need some IBS'ers to do some questionaires on it in July, so keep an eye out on this page.I don't know if it will work, but Hey Ho you've gotta try

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:15 AM

I'm from london, had IBS - D for many years and have pretty much given up on ever having a life! Would love to hear from any other londoners who may feel like starting a support group to occasionally meet up and not have dinner Posted Image

#76 Nick65

Nick65

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:15 AM

Which part of London are you from? I used to live in New Barnet and surrounding areas.Don't miss the place though, but miss the people

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:27 AM

Just found this forum, looks great. My doctor at the moment is useless so would be great to speak with other IBS sufferers to share advice and experiences. Did anything ever happen about those chat sessions?Becci

#78 millyimp

millyimp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:49 AM

Hello , yes I am from west yorkshire ...had IBS /D for 17 years .. but never managed to meet another person with it in all these years .. So frustrating trying to get someone who doesn`t have it to understand all the limitations it places on you and any husband /partner you may have . It would be so nice to actually be able to meet other people with it ..and become good sound friends ..giving each other the support we all need to have,and never having to feel so guilty about not being able to go out ... or making arrangements then having to say sorry but I cant go ..then seeing the dissappointment in their faces . soo very frustrating take care all Milly

#79 Katters279

Katters279

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 04:56 PM

Hey Posted ImageI'm from St.Albans which is about 25 minutes from London

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:54 AM

i'm from liverpool, nice to know there are other people who feel the same around! i'm 22 and had ibs since i was 19, but it feels like a life time! feel free to email me if you want on fairy_up_liquid###hotmail.com

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here