Any from England ? - Page 5 - IBS Support Group Meetups - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Any from England ?

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:40 AM

Ello - Im jeni from warwickshire and im fairly new here - is there anyone close to me ?? You can email me or add me to messanger jen_h24###hotmail.com would love to chat !! Plus do u still meet in the chat rooms ??

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:11 AM

I'm originally from Stratford, Warkwickshire, but moved to Lancashire two years ago. Posted Image

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:48 AM

cool - do you still come up this way ? how old r u n stuff ?

#84 Craig_J

Craig_J

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:58 AM

I'm from Croydon, South London. Horrible area.
IBS, Crohns, UC? Single? Don't want to be?
http://www.irritatedbeingsingle.com

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:30 AM

Hey there Craig J,Checked out the link at the bottom of your profile. A dating service for ibs sufferers! I had that idea so many times, as it's so difficult to find someone who understands what you are going through. Glad someone has actually set one up, I hope it does well.

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:21 AM

Sue, that's interesting, I'm also planning a move to wild northern countryside, poss far as Scotland. Have to wait till I finish uni first though. Think I will be happier if I can see mountains and fells when i look up! I love the Lake District and go there a lot.Jenz, I'm 21 and go back to Warwickshire 3 or 4 times a year to see parents. I was born in leamington Spa!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:41 PM

Hey guys,Well I am originally from Lichfield, Staffordshire and have been living in Manchester for the last year whilst doing a Masters course at uni. I still pop home now and again to visit friends and family but I have just got a job sorted in south Manchester for October so I will be staying in Manchester for the foreseeable future. My dream is to move somewhere remote though one day. I went scuba-diving in Oban, Scotland at easter and I loved it up there. I think I would love somewhere so beautiful surrounded by mountains and lochs and plentiful fresh air! It's funny how quite a few of us think the same thing!Sarah Posted Image

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:14 PM

sukie im 28 and from leamington spa although just moved to warwick !! email me if you like jen_h24###hotmail.com - and that goes for anyone !! love to ehar from anyone !!

#89 Guest_SueV_*

Guest_SueV_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:54 PM

Am I the only poor soul north of the gap - anyone in the Liverpool, Manchester area???Sue

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:36 PM

im from bham- new 2 the site- drop me an email (jennadownes###hotmail.co.uk

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:55 AM

I'm not too far from you keepsmiling, i'm from Coventry Posted Image

#92 Guest_whitewabbit2001_*

Guest_whitewabbit2001_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:40 AM

hiya, im from leicester in the uk. how are you all. im new to this ibs thingy. any advice???

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:02 PM

i used to live in leicester last year! i went to uni ther! small world! im ibs d and i am trying mike cds, a soluble fibre diet no dairy etc, but been a pretty #### few weeks as had food posioning and my stomachs refusing to get back to normal! had hypnotherapy in the past and it did really help so hoping mikes cds will do the same 2 me

#94 Guest_whitewabbit2001_*

Guest_whitewabbit2001_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

hiya. it have a hypno cd but didnt seem to work. i still to a non dairy no red meat type diet and i seem to be improving.hope you doing ok soon

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

its just a matter of seeing what works for u. what cd r u listening to? i listened to another cd in the past and was ####, but i know mikes has got good reviews! so im givin it a go! its a 100 day programme. it makes me positive anyway! have you tried ...com its a really good site for recipes that avoid red meat and dairy etc- they even have recipes for chocolate brownies that r safe for ibs! i just find it so hard not to give into temptation, especially dairy and when im with my bloke, men dont understand if they havent got it! theyre like no kebabs! no ice cream! thats ####!!! so i am trying to substitute instead- have u tried swedish glaze dairy free ice cream? its lush! its much harder having ibs in the uk i think, there just isnt the awareness they have in the USA Posted Image

#96 Guest_whitewabbit2001_*

Guest_whitewabbit2001_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:29 PM

have i got news for you, swedish glace do several different flavours,( hollard and barrett) they also make a magnum type lolly. (waitrose)i think sainsburys do good dairy free stuff. i have to visit different shops tho.i found its becoming more know and alot more people understand now.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:50 PM

i know, it is easier than it used to b, how do you cope in restarants thou? i am #### at doing that and fall of the wagon. do you eat egg? i found some lush village bakery brownies in health food shop they were dairy free but had egg in. I never even used to think about things like that b4!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

HiI'm suffering from the west midlands would love to hear from any other peopleSammy

#99 Guest_SueV_*

Guest_SueV_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:28 AM

Deberah and Jules - hi particularly to both of yous 2 - cos you're local to me (blimey, how exciting - have never really "known" any neighbours) - I'm a Scouser living in Manchester - so probably pretty close to both of you. Welcome to the boards.Sue xxx

#100 sazzy

sazzy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

HeyaI'm from herefordshire in the west midlands (near birmingham if no one knows where hereford is hehe)Wow i didn't realise there was this many brits on here

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here