Any from England ? - Page 7 - IBS Support Group Meetups - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Any from England ?

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#121 Guest_Melhuish_*

Guest_Melhuish_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:12 AM

Im in Worthing UK, near Brighton.Happy to help out or meet up or even talk on phone or email with fellow IBS sufferors.

#122 cherrypie09

cherrypie09

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:35 AM

Hi. Hill and MelhuishI am living in gloucester, I have IBS-D, had it for 10 years, the last 3 bad the last 4 months virtually non stop, had all the tests under the sun, I take 1 Physslium husk capsule before meals 3 times a day, to add bulk, 1/2 a Calcium tablet after meals 3 times a day and take 1-2 immodium tablets every day, that just about keeps me to 1 good bm a day.Feel free to pm me any time,

#123 Lisa Jane

Lisa Jane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:03 PM

Hi AllIm In Portsmouth and just diagnosed today, after suffering the worst stomach pains for seven years.I have a few questions, so if anyone wants to share advice, let me know!!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

Hi everyoneI live in kent, England.Seems theres a few of us around the kent/sussex/london area. Would be nice to have a group meet up somewhere central.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:50 AM

HelloI have just joined the support group . I have had IBS for 12 years . Would like to hear from others too.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:03 AM

Hello my name is Chris 42, living in Dudley. I have had ibs for 12 years - like most suffered in silence but it would be great to talk to someone who knows how it feels. I would be very interested in a support group in our area. Anyone else.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:39 AM

Hi everyone,Just to let IBS sufferers in the UK know a new support website for IBS sufferers is being set up http://www.ibshelp.org.uk . :( It is run as a not-for-profit organisation and is specifically looking at hypnosis and IBS, particularly with regards to Gut Orientated Therapy as in Professor Peter Whorwell's Manchester Model.Although it is only in its infancy, not many Hypnotherapists at all yet, as that marketing is just about to start and then PR to PCT's and thus Doctors' Surgeries; however the chat room is open and totally free to use.I am the Founder and a Hypnotherapist, I suffered from IBS-D for over 16 years and it devastated my life in that period. One of our aims is to get more Hypnotherapy available on the NHS for IBS sufferers. Please use the site for information, advice and Peer Support.I will often be the moderator and hope to see you there.Kind RegardsDuncan

#128 petra

petra

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

Duncan, this sounds a really exciting project. Can I please ask-is there anyone is the Bristol area you could recommend for hypnotherapy?

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

HiI'm Nat, from Herts.

#130 IPPO

IPPO

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:52 PM

I am from Ipswich... Feel free to get in touch

#131 diana51

diana51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hi ChrisI live in Kinver, so am quite nearby. I am new to this forum but have suffered with Ibs for the past 3 years after stopping the anti depressant, Seroxat. Since then I have been unable to take any kind of medication or supplements to ease the symptoms. I have a lot of noise in my stomach which is embarrassing, lots of bloating and pain. Have tried most therapies and at the moment am trying Michael Mahoney's hypno c.d. It would be great to get support from other people with this problem, as sometimes I can feel so isolated with it. :( regards, diana

#132 Martongirl 37

Martongirl 37

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:30 AM

hi thereim in lincolnshire too x you can email me on [email protected]

#133 diana51

diana51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Hi HillyNoticed your post on the ibs website. I am a fellow sufferer and have just joined the ibs support group online. Would be good the share experiences of this problem as not many people are willing to talk about it. Feel free to email me anytime, my email address is [email protected] :( diane
Diana

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:35 AM

Hi, I've just joined here. I'm from Hampshire, close to the Dorset border.

#135 diana51

diana51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:30 PM

Hi just me, welcome to to the ibs website. Feel free to email me as it would be good to share experiences. My email address is in one of the replies above. :(
Diana

#136 Bubbles123

Bubbles123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hey,I'm Laura. Im living in Gloucester. Are there any meetups around there?x

#137 diana51

diana51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:20 AM

Hi bubblesNo there are no meet ups that I know of in Gloucester. Our meet up is Dudley. Sorry. How are you doing?
Diana

#138 cherrypie09

cherrypie09

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:12 AM

Hi BubblesI live in Gloucester, I have had ibs-d for 11 years and suffer every day with urgency and loose bms, pain, bloating and wind .If you need someone to talk to i would be more than willing to help you if i can .What type of IBS do you have.

#139 Mohammed

Mohammed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

Hello All, I am a 34 year old guy with IBS D living in Kent in the UK its my pleasure to meet up and do chat with people have the same problem since i really feel upset with this disease which affect my normal life. This is my email if anyone interested: [email protected] CheersMohammed

#140 peaches41

peaches41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:05 AM

Diagnosed late in life after suffering ovarian cancer, with major abdominal surgery and extensive chemotherapy. Ibs d started after the death of my husband three years ago. I take calcium and sometimes Immodium.I live in Cornwall now, but am a Londoner.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here